About the Blog: This is a blog designed to inform fellow real estate practitioners and professionals about the latest judicial opinions, legislative developments, and other news affecting Texas real estate law and provide them with useful educational resources. If you are aware of a recent decision, development, or resource that you think warrants coverage, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call me at 214.220.1210 ext. 114, or fill out the contact form below.
About the Author: Jeremy T. Brown is a co-founder of the law firm Keating Brown PLLC and focuses on real estate litigation. Jeremy represents owners, developers, design professionals, and contractors in litigation involving development-related disputes, construction defects, boundary and title disputes, and landlord-tenant disputes.
- As lead trial counsel, represented commercial property owner against claims of obstruction of public easement. After week-long jury trial, obtained verdict on all liability claims.
- As lead trial counsel, represented commercial landlord in litigation against commercial tenant for breach of lease agreement and damages resulting from abandonment of leased premises. Obtained bench verdict in client’s favor on all claims.
- Represented commercial landlord in recovering possession of leased premises from evicted tenant.
- Represented commercial landlord in bankruptcy proceedings filed by national restaurant chain.
- Represented lender in claims against title to real and personal property.
- Represented title insurance company involving claims related to improper disbursal of sales proceeds.
- Represented partnership against claims alleging that former employee was a partner and entitled to millions of dollars in profit from sale of oil and gas assets. Obtained a summary judgment dismissal of plaintiff’s claims.
- Represented dozens of insureds under Texas title insurance policies.
- Negotiated office and retail commercial leases on behalf of landlords and tenants.
About the Firm: Keating Brown PLLC is a business and real estate litigation firm in Plano, Texas that handles cases throughout Texas. The firm’s attorneys handle a wide variety of litigation including general business litigation, real estate litigation, professional liability defense, and insurance matters. The firm embraces a culture of superior client service that adheres to clients’ goals and responds quickly and adeptly to their needs and concerns. For a more in-depth introduction to the Firm, please visit www.keatingbrown.com.